domingo, 23 de agosto de 2009

Obama should avoid a political defeat

Yesterday I watched Fox News. I think that more of 80 percent of the comments in the different programs were against the President Obama health plan. None government can resist a sustained attack of that magnitude. The power of the television is something that we can not imagine.
That campaign might lead the American society to a more difficult situation.
I remember that some years ago a friend told to me why he voted by the proposal of an important leader in that moment. The leader was beginning his period of government and my friend said to me: a political defeat at the beginning is something very difficult for a leader. I am not according with his proposal but for the mentioned reason I will support him.
I never forgot the concept and the loyalty of my friend. He preferred to sacrifice his position and to help his other friend.
Perhaps the President Obama might need to make some concessions. In the politics sometimes it is necessary going back one step for advancing after two steps.
pablorafael_gonzalez@yahoo.com

No hay comentarios: